Dallas Trademark Lawyers
Protecting Your Business and Your Brand
In today’s global marketplace, branding is critical to identifying
and differentiating your business. It is imperative that your most valuable
intellectual property assets are adequately identified and protected to
ensure a solid business foundation and continued success.
Our Dallas trademark lawyers work with businesses across a variety of industries
and understands what is necessary to successful protect your brand. At
Mullin, P.C., we approach each client’s unique needs to develop a holistic approach
in protecting their brand assets.
We can help you establish you rights trademark, copyright, trade secret,
and other intellectual property protections.
At Mullin, P.C., we can assist you with all of your trademark needs, including:
- Determining if your chosen trademark can be legally protected
Registering your trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Maintain, renew, and defend your registration over time
- Trademark infringement and dilution problems
- Licensing or assigning your trademark
- Counseling on proper use of trademarks for your business
- Help you understand the scope of your trademark rights and how to enforce them
copyright matters related to social media and techonlogy
How We Can Protect Your Trademark and Brand
Mullin, P.C. attorneys are well-versed in trademark searching and clearance,
trademark registration, and trademark enforcement. Our attorneys also
represent clients in matters before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
and in federal court.
our team is well-versed in copyright matters from registration and enforcement
to fair-use analysis. We also help clients with issues impacted by the
rules and regulations that apply to advertising, social media, promotions,
contests, and sweepstakes.
In all these matters, you can expect comprehensive legal help based on
the outstanding knowledge, skills, and exceptional experience that our
team brings to the table.
What is a Trademark?
A trademark is any word, name, symbol or device used to identify the source
of the goods or services and to distinguish them from the goods or services
of others. A trademark can consist of words, a design or logo, or even
a shape, color, sound, or smell. Protecting your “mark” is
essential in creating a recognizable and distinguishable brand identity.
Registering your trademark provides several advantages, including:
- Presumption of exclusive ownership rights throughout the United States;
- The right to use the federal registration symbol, “®”;
- Registration becomes incontestable after five years;
- Basis for registration in foreign countries;
- The right to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods;
- The right to sue in federal court; and
- The right to recover your attorneys’ fees.