- Represented franchisee against national party supply franchisor in arbitration proceedings, resulting in a favorable settlement to the franchisee.
- Defended 50-unit pizza franchisee in federal wage and hour class action resulting in a minimized collection of damages by plaintiffs.
- Successfully represented franchisee in first case to hold that that the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) applies to termination of commercial leases, and one of the few cases holding that the SCRA provides a remedy for civil litigants (cited by Congressional Committees as support for the recent passage of the Veterans’ Benefits Act of 2010 which, among other things, clarified a private right of action under the SCRA).
- Obtained dismissal of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission charges for multi-unit franchisee.
- Obtained reinstatement of a franchise agreement for a franchisee of a national retail franchisor.
- Appointed to represent numerous indigent tenants in appeals of forcible entry and detainer actions in Dallas County Courts.
- Obtained judgments on behalf of secondary mortgage lender, and recorded abstracts of judgment across the State of Texas.
If you are dealing with or are anticipating a business dispute, contact our litigation and dispute resolution team today.